DO AWAY WITH ALL THOSE EXERCISE MYTHS
With hundreds of fitness freaks venting out tips and advice on workout, it is essential for you to debunk those useless tips that are merely myths. There is a plethora of information that requires proper filtration to separate hard facts from nuisance. Read through the list of most popular myths from nutrition, diet, weight-loss to bodybuilding.
1. You build muscles while lifting weights: It is the most commonly believed fact that muscles develop as we lift weights. Whilst it is true to an extent that to build muscles you need to go for an intensive workout schedule, the fact is you build muscle mass while you’re asleep. When a person is sleeping, the muscles repair themselves and hence grow bigger.
2. Supplement consumption the means to gain muscles: Many companies claim that supplement drinks are necessary to build muscles, this is a false understanding of how these drinks work. Supplements do not build muscles; they only help provide the body with proper nutrition. To build muscles you need to have a proper diet and workout plan that can also be sans any supplements.
3. Fatty food makes you fat: The fact that eating fatty food will make you gain weight is very misinterpreted. The reason for a person getting fat is that they eat more calories than they burn in the day. Natural fats are also a necessary part of the diet, whose rich sources are nuts, fish, dairy, beans etc.
4. Low intensity workout with longer duration gives better results: The truth is that our bodies burn more amount of fat with intense and short interval training. The overall results are much better as the muscles of the body work with higher intensity in spite of the intervals. Not just in workout, this kind of workout plan strengthens the body and the overall level of fitness. It allows you to burn more calories as you move into the routine.
5. Exercising on an empty stomach will help burn more fat: As contrarily believed it is important to provide your body some glucose. In absence of glucose the body works against the goal and stores the fat to save more energy for survival. It will break down muscle tissue and use that energy.
6. 30 minutes are insufficient for any result oriented workout: This myth is commonly perceived and often people skip their workouts, thinking that it won’t be sufficient, so we’ll do it tomorrow. It is interesting to know that exercising 3 times a day with 10 minutes each reap far more benefits than a longer stretch of 30 minutes. Every time we workout our body’s metabolism increases and hence burns more fats.
7. Your muscles will turn into fats when you’ll stop exercising: muscle and fats have different anatomy. Muscles do not turn into fat. As we reduce our physical activity the fat cells that earlier shrank because of large energy expenditure, enlarge back. The muscle cells on the other hand become smaller as they are not required in the same amount anymore.
8. Toned body and flat stomach are for the young: With age you do tend to lose some muscle mass but it is possible to retain the same with a proper workout plan. The reason people lose this muscle mass is due to lack of exercise and a sedentary lifestyle. Keeping in tandem with the present level of fitness you can reap in the same benefits and maintain flexibility and strength.